- Bubble wrap fragile items individually before placing them in suitable boxes, especially glass, china etc.
In addition clearly mark the box or item 'FRAGILE'.
- Store largest items first, filling hollow spaces with smaller items. Place heavier items below with lighter items on top,
ensuring boxes are full to avoid them collapsing when stacked.
- Label and number your boxes, keeping a list of the box contents/room reference.
- Hanging clothes in a wardrobe carton will help them keep their shape.
- Place a dust sheet on the floor of the room to protect bedding & upholstery.
- Leave small spaces between your goods to assist ventilation and do not stack or lean items against the walls.
- Store any items that may be required near to the door. Place important documents such as passports in an easily accessible box.
- If you are using a larger unit, it is wise to leave a narrow passageway to gain access to the rear.
- Clean and drain appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines to avoid unwanted odours making sure they are stored with the doors
- Place a dust sheet over the top of your goods to keep everything spotless.
- We recommend you carefully stack your items for your own safety. This will make it easier to remove the items at the end of your stay.